07 July 2010

Having Arrived Upon a New Chapter





8 May 2010. 10:00am. 13th person to walk.


Did not know if I was going to make it.


It was a feeling like I have never had before. Similar to that of Winona Ryder's character when she escaped Claymoore in Girl, Interrupted (1999).

My whole family came in town. They stayed on the historical Delta Queen. Alaska and Jer traveled to be there, too.
Camping that night was classic. The minuscule ticks that we found all over the next morning were not, however.



I feel some sunshine on my face for the first time in a while; perhaps it is from the light at the end of the tunnel. Exciting feeling of being pushed out of the nest where I flustered and exhausted myself for the last four years; now I am too tired to fly.

Thus the wind has carried me to a resting place near Nashville where I can spin my cocoon and rest. Cutting ties, setting goals, breathing deeply, starting an adventure fund, marrying off a best friend, unifying the split personalities I have developed, train for sprint triathlon, and exploring different media...

This is a start. This is my time.





Oh- and getting a car since I seem to be experimenting with spontaneous combustion. Thankfully, though my entire portfolio and all of my artwork was in the backseat, nothing was damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment